Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Learning to write copy is not easy...

Have you ever wanted to become a writer?

I have this passion for writing, or at least I think I do.

It's fucking hard. There is so much study needed to be a successful writer. But I have come to the conclusion that writing is what I want to do.

Have you ever tried to write something with intention. Like tried to get your point across to someone but it didn't seem like your point was getting across. Kinda like you and the reader were on two different sides of the road, going different directions.

That's how I'm feeling right now.

I'm on the one side of the road, trying to merge into the turning lane to make a u turn, but there is so much fucking traffic.

I feel like I'm battling major traffic getting into this writing world.

I know it's possible but it's definitely going to take a lot of time and a lot of work.

I'm learning the strategies necessary to grow as a writer but there is so much damn information. I read and read and practice and practice. There is so much more to learn, do and understand.

I've even reached out to a few copy writers for advice and they all give me the cold shoulder. I think their afraid or something. Their starting to make me believe this is definitely something I need to get into and expose.

They don't write me back once I ask for help and if they do they are trying to sell me something. I get get it to a certain degree. But by them not writing me back, is teaching me a life lesson. And that's to be patient.



It's teaching me that I haven't found the correct way to approach them and ask for help. That's definitely something I'm personally working on conquering and that's doing what I hate, asking for help. I really hate asking for help from strangers, I can deal with the people I know.

I figure I'll keep researching them and reaching out to them on Instagram until somebody actually gives me the time of day and gives me some good pointers.

I'm considering going to back to school for Journalism/Advertising to understand the craft of a writer better. That's one of the most companies seem to have in common on everyday job description requirement. Is a degree on one of those fields.

That's just in the air. I know we live in a world that only cares about the results brought to the table. So the whole school stuff is just an idea. I would rather flatter a company with some great copy that achieves results and financial gain. I have this vision of a company reaching back out to me because of something I created for them.

This is my little morning writing and rant.

If you got this far, Thank you for reading. You're reading about a guy who wants to get into copywriting.

I'm at ground zero, very determined, open for any suggestions. I'm currently taking a few online courses for writing. If you have any questions about copy writing please ask, if don't know the answer I can get it for you.

Until then, I will keep updating my growth to become an author/ copy writer on this blog. My story will unfold and I will tell this tale of my life. I'm putting these words out to the world backed with dedicated hard work.

Follow your dreams, work hard and stay focused my people.

Fight for your freedom, it must be taken.

God Bless

Travis


No comments:

Post a Comment