Friday, August 18, 2017

Finding my voice

I'm trying to find my writers voice right now. I recently have the opportunity to write for the this sports blog and I'm going to try and do my best. But after looking up the information I have to write about. My mind just goes fucking blank. 

My minds going blank cuz I don't like sports. I don't even know sports talk that well. Unless it's like tournament games, leading up to the championship game and it's all over social media. While everyone is talking about it. That way I really don't have any other choice but to know whats going on. 

But besides that, I'm fucking lost.lol

I know I'm going to figure it out. I've been researching like crazy, getting to know the fans and seeing whats most valuable to them.

It's just a little weird to me, I'm so use to writing about things I only know and care about. In this particular situation, they're leaving the information open with no real target, just very vague. I'm not saying thats bad, is just my first time and I think I'm just acting like a little bitch.lol

Writing out my thoughts and creating things for projects I'm into comes very natural for me. But coming up with ideas for something I'm not really into is kinda tuff. I see what David Ogilvy was saying in his book about working on things your into verse things you're not. 

He said how when you're not really into the project at hand, you tend to not have your best work. He also said to choose projects that are best for you, so you can always deliver your best work. Or at least that's how I took what he was saying. 

I'm really not into sports, but I know I gotta figure this shit out. 

On another note. 

It's been cool watching myself study all this copywriting stuff. I'm even writing a more than ever have. 

I even started reaching out to different copy writers online and I've been getting a little feed back here and there. This one dude wrote me back and advised me to take this copy writing training course out here in San Diego. It's called Portfolio Studio. 

I already reached out to them, but to hear a another person randomly bring it up makes me feel even more confident in the copy writers course. You know I'll keep you updated on how that works out. 

So far, I notice I type way more and I've been staying in my books, apps and videos. Just learning and practicing. 

I'm feeling great for the future and the rest of this year. I hope you are getting your shit together with me. It's hard out here if you don't have many people to talk to and motivate you to do shit. 

I'm down to be your friend and growth partner. Send me a message and lets chat. 

We need each other to encourage and help one another, even help open doors for each other if possible. 

This world has so many people because we are suppose to connect with each other and find our own crowd. If your looking for a crowd or people to hang out with to listen and encourage you like I said. I'm here.  

Make today great and tomorrow even greater. You're alive for a reason, keep searching for your purpose. When you find it and live it up. 






No comments:

Post a Comment