Friday, August 11, 2017

I signed up for online school.

I'm starting to take some new classes online to sharpen my writing skills.

Have you ever heard of Coursera?

It's an website and app dedicated to educating individuals from many accredited colleges. It's legit as fuck. They offer many free courses you can take on a wide variety of subjects. You can pay for particular courses and get a certification upon completion or you can do like me and take the free classes.

Go check it out. www.coursera.org

I'm currently enrolled in two courses right now. First the Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen course. I'm taking this course to have a better understanding of presenting, mainly because I'm a salesman and I do presentation pretty much everyday. This is a great course for anyone who goes to college or even has a job. I believe presenting and selling your ideas is a valuable skills to have.

The teachers talk slow and they make it really easy and fun to learn. They throw in many random test and quizzes to make sure you're paying attention and actually learning the information.

I'm also taking English for Journalism. If you've been paying attention to my blog for the past few weeks. I'm planning to switch my careers and slowly make my way to become a copy writer. From all of the job postings I've seen, they always request or like to see people with a journalism degree.

I've personally never obtained the degree but in the world we live in now, I don't think it really matters that much, at least in this field at least in the direction I'm going. I believe companies I'm looking to work for, care more about the results you can bring to the table .

I figured since I don't have a degree. I might as well learn as much as I can. A journalism degree is preferred preference on pretty much all of the job postings I've seen.

Now that I've been enrolled in this course, I understand why jobs are looking for people with this skill. I'm learning a lot about the importance of journalism and basically how it changes things in the world. I'm also learning a lot about communication.

Journalism has been around basically forever. It can be the voice of the people or the voice of the government. I'm not going to go into to much detail, but the shits dope.

This course has been great so far. Once I've completed the courses, I'll gave a full review of my thoughts and experiences.  

Until then, go check out www.coursera.org , there may be a course that can help you grow and a more valuable person in your field.




1 comment:

  1. Live Big Data Hadoop Training From Top Online Company

    KVCH (KV Computer Home Pvt. Lmt.) is always there for you to grow your career with Live Big Data Hadoop Training. KVCH builds a powerful training tool that can be implemented in classrooms as well as online. KVCH have multiple placement Drives Conducted every period of time. Our Placement Cells keeps on updating the Student for new Technologies and Companies. For more visit:

    big data hadoop from top online company

    live big data hadoop training

    ReplyDelete